Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stove update

Our beautiful new stove is now functioning properly. The problem with the pilot light on the one side was resolved by scraping some cruft from the inside of the pilot light and turning the adjustment screw for the pilot light a bit.

Of course, initially I turned the pilot light up too much. I realized this later when I thought I smelled something by the stove. I held my hand over the left pilot light and found it was much warmer than the area over the right pilot light. With some trial and error, I got the pilot light as low as I could without it going off.

Now I'm just trying to figure out how to light the broiler. Right now, I have to use a match and light it in a minimum of two places - and this is for one large burner assembly. There has to be a better way.

No comments: