Monday, May 18, 2009

Moving forward on the pond

Yesterday, Chris and Melissa visited and got the basic house tour. They plan to buy a house in Shaker Heights this year, and I look forward to seeing their house and all involved adventures.

Chris hauled away a fair amount of the dirt from the pond, such that it is now empty! I'm now working on scrubbing away all the dirt so that I can see just how much work there is to do on it. I know that there are at least a couple cracks as well as some major painting work to do. This work will all have to wait for a while until I can finish the point-of-sale violations, but it'll be intersting to know what we are up against.

Garage and breezeway

The entire area between the two trellises, shown in this fall photograph, has now been excavated. Further, the light above the pond is now working, thanks to the magic of locating the appropriate light switch and replacing the bulb.

Further, it seems that I somehow didn't kill the row of poppies when I acciedentially mowed them down. The first one has bloomed and looks truly lovely.

1 comment:

Karen Anne said...

My grass cutting guy accidentally mowed over a little lilac bush I had planted last year. It's doing well. Gotta love those tough plants.