Sunday, September 21, 2008

Waiting

We've made an offer on a different house.

Last weekend, I noticed a listing that I hadn't seen before, and which caught my eye, so we decided to do a drive-by. Much to our surprise, there was an open house, so we checked it out.

We made an offer yesterday. The seller is taking offers until the 8th, at which point she will take the best offer. Our offer is quite a bit lower than asking price, but it's as much as we can afford. Given the state of the market here and the fact that the house has been on the market since the beginning of 2006, I think we have a decent chance.

If this doesn't work out, A. wants to look at other houses like this one - ones that don't need so much work. While I respect that, if this doesn't work out, my heart is still set on the one I've been talking about rehabbing.

Now, the waiting.

2 comments:

ashke9 said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

I know your heart says "Major Reno Project" house, but this might be a good starting point - ease her into the whole mindset, YKWIM? lol

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

Indeed. But the other issue is that we (I) have so much stuff that I don't ever want to move again. The rehabber house is big enough, has enough yard, and would probably be cheap enough that we could fit all the major work and the cost of the house into a 15 year mortgage, comfortably.